Friday, January 31, 2020

Vacay Here I Come.

And I'm guessing overeating failure is also on my horizon. I know myself and I promised to be honest with myself. I'm a day away from being honest with my eating and thoughts for 3 months. That is truly becoming part of me. I wish that not wanting cookies and chocolate would become a part of me but I believe that is just not realistic. I don't care what "experts" say. A habit might be formed in 21 days but I say that a habit can be broken at the drop of a hat when the basic personality of a person lives for foods rather than eats to live. I love food. What I'd give to eat pasta, bread, cookies, brownies, cakes and ice cream to my heart's delight. I suppose there are really horrific ways to do that and I really don't like pain or altering my basic being. So I rarely have my favorite simple carbs. Given the choice of a carrot for a snack versus a fresh chocolate chip cookie, I'd take the cookie hands down. But one is good for me and one isn't. So I tend not to have either. Carrots for a snack just aren't that inviting.So I have my 1 point iced mochas and will sip on one of those when I just can't get the cookie out of my head. Trust me, it really is always in my head.
On the plus side, one of the schools in my district backed fresh brownies as a fund raiser and I walked to the building and bought a pan. I did buy it for our staff (they love munchies and are not overweight like me). I took a small bite size and cherished every moment of chocolate yum. And who'd have guessed but I don't actually want anymore. I tracked my brownie bite but it served its purpose. I had the munchies and it is gone. Good 2 point expenditure. Now would have I preferred a nice normal Starbucks size (LOL as their brownie is the size of a small pan), of course. That is the honest answer. And the honest truth is that the one bite was actually satisfying. Who'd have guessed I would ever think that.
Now back to the vacation plans. I bought LOTS of chicken breasts my DH is marinating and will cook today. Then we're going to chunk it up for car snacks. I LOVE his spicy marinade and that sounds like a great snack.I have a couple Lily fat free dark chocolate bars and mangoes and grapes. So my intentions are good indeed. At least on that front. I also have my dark chocolate M&Ms but thankfully I know how many points they are and an even if I do munch on them for miles, I will track them. I will track EVERYTHING. That is my promise to myself. For once in my 2.5 years as part of WW, I will probably dive into my fitpoints as well as my weeklies. BECAUSE this is not a lie on the beach vacay. It is a week of skiing. Lots and lots of exercise and sore quads after a few days. I hope the two balance themselves out but my expectation is my home scale will be nasty when I get home. If that happens, I'm going to say that is my life. I fight for points perfection and reach it 95% of the time and the scale just hovers in the same 3 pounds. Again, clearly that is my life for now.
But because I'm tracking daily weight, steps, and points, I'm bringing hard data to my doctor in 3 weeks that should hopefully convince him that there is an issue. 2 years ago I was just as diligent for 5 months and lost 45 pounds.So I KNOW that WW worked for me. The only thing that changed was I'm two years older and should have a better metabolism because I added strength training with the aerobics. Anyway, what evolves from that is again, this is my life and I have to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment