Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Vacay Crash and Burn (WW wise)

I have logged all the food from vacay and that took a while. I'm up 2 pounds. Why is it so easy to gain but not to lose? I ate my weeklies but barely snuck by with some fitpoints left. So that means it wasn't horrible. Considering the vacay was downhill skiing and I don't sit in the lodge, it is frustrating. It is ALWAYS frustrating. I'm doing a stupid insurance sponsored program called VLM that this morning said I should have lost 9 pounds not gained weight by now. Well if I had a metabolism I'd be dam skinny by now. But I don't and the best I can do is try. They can take their poorly designed program and shove it. There is so much bad nutrition advice in it that it is worthless. Hell, I only signed up for it for the free scale. I think I will go buy one that doesn't integrate with their system and put their emails on the spam list.Yes, that is a plan.To be honest, WW isn't a lot better when there is a gain. They say "What happened?" They can see the fit points earned and the points eaten and should know there is an issue. Why do programs think that everyone loses with the physics 3500 kcals per pound lost. I know for a fact I didn't eat 7000 kcals to gain two pounds so it isn't just pure physics. Years of yo yo dieting killed the slow metabolism I had and now it is near impossible to lose. Well enough bitching about the programs.
Vacay itself was good on day 1 (not point wise) as it was a road trip and boredom made me reach for the M&Ms. OK, I reached for them but I wouldn't have if I hadn't been bored. But Day 2 was glorious. We arrived at Park City before opening and skied all day long (closing the place down). Then it went to crap on Day 3 and beyond with the exception of day 5 morning doing a dog sledding tour. The weather was high winds and frigid temps (highs in two of about 10 degrees and 25 mph winds makes it sound better than what was happening on the mountain tops). Anyway, where my ski mask and goggles didn't meet resulted in painful welts that are now brown scaly spots. The vacay that just keeps giving. And Kiki puppy is in heat so that is so fun. Well enough bitching about vacay. It is sunny and lovely here at home so that is quite lovely.
I think I should add what I'm thankful for. I am thankful for Kiki and that she's enduring her cycle as best as possible. 9 month old puppies should have to wear underoos but ... About another week and that should stop. If she wasn't a perfect husky with potential amazing genetic test results, I'd have her spayed in a heart beat. But her parent test results are outstanding and I have breeding rights. So I am thankful her cycle is really light and she's such a perfect puppy.
I'm thankful for the sun shining with not a cloud in the sky. Considering my work has done its best to make me angry and frustrated, the shining sun is keeping me sane.
Hm, a third thankful... Let's go with I'm thankful for my health. I'd put down my family, and all, but I've bitched enough about my metabolism and weight that I'm going to be thankful for my health. I skied about 100 miles last week (and not slowly and on bunny hills), I'm in my upper 50's, and I feel good. With the exception of the bicep injury, my joints are in great shape. So yes, I am thankful as hell for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment