Friday, January 17, 2020

A Teeter-Totter

Its been an interesting week. No so much with my diet and exercise, but with the scale. It is a flipping teeter-totter. Up down up down. I looked at it this morning and shook my head. I've been under points most of the week except Wednesday but it was still a blue dot day. Anyway, I am liking my response to whatever number it pulls from the sky because overall, it is not going up and it is a small downward trend. That is good but my reaction and mental health are actually so much better. To me, that is major. I'm not reacting the way I used to.
With the weird week, I had a minor surgery on Tuesday and I didn't use it as a reason to eat. Wednesday I had to travel back over the mountain for work and I did over eat. There were tortilla chips in the Jeep and I ate a bunch of them . They replaced dinner and dessert so the points would be semi-decent. I think the reason I did that was I really had no protein earlier in the day. All carbs. So if that was what made me temporarily not care, I need to keep that in mind.
This weekend will be hard. My expectations of being on track are low. A ski weekend means lots more exercise and exhaustion. I plan to pack protein bars and try to use those. But Heavenly sells amazing chocolate chip cookies. And I have no will power against a chocolate chip cookie. But I'm going to really really try. And then two weeks later a whole ski week in Utah. If I can maintain, I would be happy. Really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment