Thursday, January 23, 2020

An Unbreakable Habit

Family visits equal more points. Visiting my daughter, I was determined to be in points. But no, I was over three days. Ate into my weeklies.Thankfully I'd rolled over enough points last wee to cover the first two days and then I started a new week and got into those weeklies. On the plus side, the last couple days I've been rolling some points over to build the weeklies back up.
On the plus side, I didn't have any chocolate chip cookies while skiing. (Thank God since then the points would have been atrocious). Heavenly makes angelic like cookies and I love to have them on a ski break. But instead I had a Quest protein bar. As good as the cookie? I guess the answer is yes because they fueled the skiing with protein but certainly not as good taste wise. I think the fueling was more important. Next time I want my ski cookie I'm going to think of the choice difference because truly the quest bars were a better choice.
The scale refuses to budge. Nothing new there. Even though I dipped into the weeklies, skiing is a lot of work. We skied 20 miles each day. This morning I resumed my squat routine and my legs are still tired. They weren't sore at any point but they are tired. And I need to find a strength exercise to focus on a different part of the quads because while skiing at the end of the day, there was a part of my leg that was sore. Got out of the skis and it was fine but I need another strength exercise. Oh joy... Have I ever mentioned I don't like strength training?
So this morning was exhausting. 7800 steps (walking and jogging, elliptical and strengthening). So here I sit trying to figure out a way to nap with my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment