Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Off Track but Not Run Over

The holidays were once again evil to my WW goals. But actually it was more the combo of the holidays and having visitors, then travelling. I gave up and went off track. Being honest with myself, I know I enjoyed it, made the choice to go off and then paid the price. So I pick myself back up and try, try again. I've been on track for a week again.
So what is it about visitors that makes me think I should feed them like royalty instead of staying with healthy food? That one I don't know. I have clues, but the true answer I don't know. Some of the clues are the allergies and food dislikes, the holidays, cooking in bulk. Expectation of good meals at mom's house I think it the true answer.
Damn, that is it. The expectation of full yummy meals. Hmm, I need to ponder that one. It reminds me of grad school in the marriage and family counseling class when the professor said that most marriages end in divorce because of expectations. So I failed because of my expectations of what I good host and mom should do. That truly does make sense. I think I will explore this concept more in the future.
So this is why I have a journal.
One side note, a horrible drive with the pups to Reno resulted in two trips to Starbucks for a full yummy frappuccino. Talk about emotional eating. I remember thinking "I deserve it" for all the crap and the shoulder injury. What did one have to do with the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment