Thursday, November 14, 2019

Yesterday was a Success Despite the Scale

It's the self talks that do me in. The a bite here and there aren't important, the "that looks like 3 oz" when it isn't. So yesterday, when the scale went up significantly after 10 days of being good and on plan (I know I was good because I'm forcing myself to be really honest with myself on all choices), it was very discouraging. I mean, what are my choices when the scale goes up inexplicably? Feed my frustration with snacking? To an objective outsider, I can see where that makes absolutely no sense. But to an emotional eater, it makes a lot of sense. How many have had the self conversations "Well if I'm going to gain weight, I might as well make it enjoyable and eat". I'm guessing there are a lot of us out there. So I stood strong and persevered. I even had a point rollover. Since my goal this week is to have 2/3 of my weekly points left at the close of my WW week, I think I am on track. I have 41 points as of today and the goal is 23 points remaining. Success on my mini goal is on track.
I have a happiness journal but don't write in it very often. I slack on it. Then again, I slack on a lot of things I should be doing. My weak ankle needs the PT exercises I learned 2 years ago. I need to practice my piano more often and I need to start working on the oboe again. I need to seems to be a common thread. I have played the piano two days in a row and I found a built in tracker in ForScore. So that should keep me in line with that. Another goal? How about something easy to achieve? Practice 15 minutes 5 times a week? Another need to is flexibility and balance exercise. I've successfully added strength workouts 3 times a week and I'm getting 10K+ steps per day. But yoga is boring and I find reasons not to do it. Maybe it would be a good thing to add after work. Along with everything else. Clearly I am too busy to work. I need to be retired. 225 days and decreasing unless I become semi-retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment